Monday, January 21, 2008

Couple Updates!

A couple weeks ago Kev was asked to talk to the Primary boys who will be turning 12 this year and who will receive the priesthood. So last night he gave his 5 min (he said really was 10 min) talk. I'm sure he did great!! I wish that I was able to attend but because I had hurt my back on friday I thought it would be best if I just layed around the house. He had read me his talk and it sounded awesome. Apparently some of the people who was there was saying that they hope that they dont steal Kev out of the Primary and put him in the Young Mens. Oh I think I forgot to mention that he's teaching the 11 and 12 year olds. When he came home he was so proud that most of the boys there were all the boys in his class! He's challenged them all to bring their scriptures to church on sunday and to read them during the week, if they do this then he will give them candy, so on saturday we had to venture out and buy candy for his class.


Well on Thursday I had some blood tests done. It has been a while since I had them done. In the year 2005 I was diagnosed with a couple of things. Such as PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome) and borderline PIR, which is insulin resistance. Well today we got those test results back, and considering I work in the doctors office where I had them drawn I was able to look at them. I am officially PIR, my pancreas is making more insulin which increases the insulin in my blood. My insulin is to high, it is supposed to be less than 17 and mine was 30, yep thats right a big 30!! I of course freaked out, however, it could be the cause of the weight I've put on (I wish). Anyways as I was talking with Jamie about it, she suggested that I make an appointment with her to discuss treatment options. So now I get to visit with her, but I've worked in this doctors office for 2 years so I know whats going to happen. I'm going to be put on Glucophage and I'll have to start the South Beach Diet again, which really does work. The bad thing about all these things is that it could make it harder to get pregnant. So because Kev went out and bought a Total Gym we will be using this daily to help make my numbers drop!

No comments: