Friday, November 7, 2008

Pregnancy Downs and Ups

This pregnancy has sure been an interesting one to say the least. Since I have been about 20 weeks I have been having high blood pressure and protein in my urine. The protein in my urine will be there until this little boy is here. My blood pressure will also not drop until after he's here. My doctor has been watching it very closely and I have been monitoring it at home as well. Last week my blood pressure was 140/92. Yeah thats really HIGH! So I called his office and he wanted to see me. He is very concerned about Toxemia, however the only symptoms I'm having is the protein and my blood pressure. He decided to order an ultrasound because when your blood pressure is high it cuts the blood flow off to the baby and then the baby will stop growing. He also ordered some more blood tests.

This past week I got the results of all of those. My blood tests came back fine, I'm a little anemic but I've been taking iron. Everything else looks good. My ultrasound showed that the baby is growing fine. However, I now have low amniotic fluid. So because of this I get another ultrasound next week to check the fluid levels again. I also had a non stress test done on thursday and the baby is doing great! However, I am on bed rest now for good. I can get up to use the bathroom and to eat and thats about it. I do have my baby shower tomorrow and I'm going obviously but I have to have my feet up the whole time. We really want this little guy to keep baking at least until the first part of December. I'll update again after my ultrasound next week!

4 comments:

Wright Family said...

Oh my girl you have had a hard time Thats crazy. Sorry I didnt make it to the shower did you get alot of good stuff?

Wright Family said...

Oh yeah check out my blog and VOTE... HAHA

Wright Family said...

Yeah there is still that 10% chance it could change we will know forsure on Dec 3rd. When i go to mckay-dee for an ultrasound. So where you having your baby at? Im doing Tremonton Hospital it will be the new one. Im excited.

Wright Family said...

Yeah the logan Hospital is good. My sister in law had hers there since the new part. I had both mine there but it was the old part of the hospital now. Whos your doctor? Are you feeling better though?