Saturday, February 2, 2008

Memories

Today me and Kevin spent the day watching President Hinckley's funeral. What a wonderful experience this was. I have sat and thought about President Hinckley's life and how much he has inspired me. What a wonderful man and full of testimony, he will be greatly missed by all the members of the church. I was thinking about how fortunate we are to live in Utah and to be able to witness the funeral on several different local channels. How fortunate we were to be able to find out only an hour after his passing. As we sat there watching this wonderful yet sad experience I was beginning to ponder when my great grandma passed away.My grandma died right before she turned 94, and boy do I ever miss her. I dont remember her much when I was younger because after my great grandpa died when I was 2 she moved to California to live with her sister. I do remember when she'd call us for Christmas and we'd put her on speaker so we could all talk to her and how excited we'd get when she came to visit. When she decided to move back to Utah we were all soooooo excited. She was such an independent lady, she lived on her own for several of the years she lived back in Utah. I used to take her grocery shopping, she wouldnt let anyone do her shopping for her, and she ALWAYS thought she had to pay me. I remember telling her once that she couldnt die until after she seen me in the temple. Little did I know that she would be there, just in a different way. My grandma had Congestive Heart Failure, and had been diagnosed with it for years but never had any symptoms. Just 2 weeks before she passed away she was on her hands and knees mopping her kitchen floor.

My grandpa was the oldest of her 2 children, and my mom was the oldest of 6 grandchildren, and I was the oldest of 10 great grandchildren. Oh how I miss her, I missed her so much on my wedding day, my great grandparents were not sealed in the temple until many years after they were married and my great grandpa had already passed on. Then his temple work was done and they were sealed, how I wanted her there, on my mom's side of the family no one was able to attend the temple ceremony. Shortly after her passing I had a dream of her, I dreamed that she was in the temple with me, and that she had told me that I looked beautiful. I did feel her in the temple with me on that wonderful day. Oh how I wish that Kevin was able to of meet her, she was such a wonderful lady, we loved her, we cherished her and we looked up to her , she had so much strength. I love her so much and I miss and think about her everyday!

No comments: